For most users, the Windows registry is an intimidating aspect of the Windows operating system. On the other hand, registry cleaners such as CCleaner have come a long way in the past ten years, and cleaning the Windows registry hive, which was once a horrible idea, is now standard practice when maintaining PC performance.
This video will illustrate how to use the Piriform CCleaner to clean out the Windows 7 system registry hive. Although it is extremely unlikely there will be problems when cleaning out your system, it is still always a good idea to perform a registry backup. Thankfully, backing up the registry is also built right into the CCleaner software package.
Clean The Windows System Registry Free With CCleaner
1. Download and Install CCleaner from the following location: http://pcmichiana.com/download-ccleaner-free-registry-repair-and-system-cleaning-utility/
2. Select the Windows ‘Start’ button.
3. Type ‘CCleaner’.
4. Select ‘CCleaner’ from the program list.
5. Once opened, select the ‘Registry’ tab on the left hand side.
6. Next, select the ‘Scan For Issues…’ button.
7. Once the registry is scanned and it shows issues, select ‘Fix Selected Issues…’.
8. When prompted, backup your registry.
9. Select ‘Fix All Issues’.
10. Repeat steps 6 through 9 until no more issues are found.
11. That’s it!
Scanning for issues more than once is one interesting thing most people do not know about registry cleaning. What happens is Windows associates files with programs that don’t exist anymore, and once those associations are removed, the associations to those associations are no longer necessary. Thus, it is completely necessary to run the scanner multiple times before all of the issues are resolved.